Monday Morning Questions

At the worship conference we went to last month, one of the speakers discussed his Monday morning routine of asking himself questions. Even though it's Tuesday, I'm feeling that a bit of reflection might do me good. Here are the five questions:

1. What were the highlights of the past week?
Sunday's time of worship at church was honestly a real highlight for me. I thought about it throughout the day and even on Monday. Also, Robby and I had a nice and relaxing Saturday morning together, which was especially needed after a long and busy week. The weekend weather was absolutely beautiful. Spring is in the air!

2. What were the hard things of this past week?
Grading was hard for me this week. My students are well into the research paper process, and I feel the pressure of needing to get things back to them very quickly, so they can start on the next step. Also, our great friends John and Kelly had some disappointing news about John's Grad school hopes, so that was difficult.

3. What is a key lesson God has been teaching me this past week?
Not to give the cliche answer, but it truly is to trust Him. In our own lives, in the lives of our friends, and in the lives of our family members, I see the need to trust that God cares about us more than we even care about us. That's quite a difficult thing to fully grasp. Does God really care about my husband more than I do? or my family? But he does. I must trust that His plan is the best plan because it's the only one that clearly includes the most important component - Him and His kingdom!

4. Are there any warning signs I need to be aware of?
Well, I wouldn't write anything too personal, but I can see my patience has been thinning the past week. Like I said, school is extra busy right now, which usually means my patience is not as long-suffering as it should be. I need to be mindful of that.

5. What is one action point I can put into practice?
To help my "warning sign" in number five, perhaps I can be sure and take time each day this week to just rest and be still a moment. Usually, my patience dissolves when I'm too busy running from one place to another.

And with that, I should go and take the moment I have right now.

Comments

Popular Posts