Tea for Two




Today, Kelly and I had tea at a lovely place in Pasadena called "Scarlet Tea House" in honor of Kelly's 27th birthday. We arrived around 11:00 am and were ushered to our seats. The tea room was beautiful and classy, everything decorated in scarlet (of course) and glam.

We had a five course tea service that began with hot tea, fresh scones, cream, lemon curd, and strawberry preserves (all freshly made!)










Two for tea!

Course 1: Sweet and fresh strawberry sorbet. Yum!


Top tier: fresh scones
Second tier: A variety of tea sandwiches (all absolutely delicious!)
Third tier: Petite Desserts



Our final course was a dish of strawberries in an orange liqueur covered in sugar. We had a fabulous time enjoying sandwiches, sweets, and perfect cup of tea. (Actually, about four perfect cups of tea each!) Although I consider myself more of a coffee drinker, I'd have to say that the Scarlet Tea House has nearly converted me .

Comments

  1. What a fun idea! I've always wanted to do that...you girls are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should, Chels! Maybe when we visit you guys sometime (which we must), we can find one near you. I'm sure Chicago has some great tea houses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard raves about that tea house from friends. Some day I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts