Good-bye, Summer

This week, my summer officially ended, and the new school year began. After about five days of orientation and many many hours working in my classroom, I was ready to start teaching at Green Acres Middle School. I have about 105 or so 8th graders whom I see everyday for a block, two hours at a time. We got through Back to School Night last Tuesday and our first two days on Thursday and Friday. I have to say it went well! Eighth graders definitely demand more attention and energy, but overall I feel that what I have learned teaching high school easily adjusts to fit middle school students.

Some of you may remember that I was feeling very hesitant about taking this job, but I firmly know now that this is where God wants me to be. The staff at this school is wonderful, and already a number of Christians teachers have introdruced themselves to me. God truly is providing, as He always does.

So, it is Sunday night, and tomorrow is the beginning of my first full week. To be hoenst, I am feeling exhausted already! But there is a reason I didn't get as much rest this weekend as I anticipated, which I will explain in my next blog entry.

Classroom Picture #1: Students have no excuse for spelling my name incorrectly!Classroom Picture #2: Yes, I am attemping groups this year.
Classroom Picture #3: Every classroom needs a cute calendar.

Keep praying for me! I need it!

Comments

Popular Posts