Back in School

A week is over, and it went okay. I was thinking about all the problems I did not have this week, which I think tells me things are getting better. Here's the list:

1. I was not called a bad word -- either to my face or under a student's breath.
2. I did not have any students walk out of my class without permission.
3. I never had to yell to get my students' attention. (Most were actually paying attention!)
4. I did not have to break up or prevent a fight from taking place.
5. I did not write one referral or detention.
6. I only had about 10 tardies total.
7. I did not cry.

All in all, it was a good week. Everyone told me the students really settle down after Christmas break, and it's true - they do! I'm so glad I never have to be brand new at Green Acres again. Just a few more months to get through...

Comments

  1. Yes, it's a good week (or day) when you don't cry at work (trust me, I know, too).

    I hope you don't cry next week, either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for you. I know how it can be.

    I have been tutoring a lot, but my students are great! I really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts