Spring Life

My blogging has slowed down a bit, but our life sure hasn't! With the coming of spring comes a push to do another round of "settling in." We have turned to sprucing up our front yard and finally working on our backyard. We are not nearly finished, but here are a few pictures of what we've been up to.

Backyard Progress:
We are working on cleaning up and leveling the backyard so sprinklers, sod, and landscaping can happen. We had a lot of help yesterday and are hoping to see some serious work take place on it over the next week and a half.

Frontyard Progress:
Robby has been working on the front yard now for awhile. He has added a chunk of sod to fill in some of the yard, taken out two trees and added three plus some crape myrtle bushes, and then embarked on creating a little "patio" feel with the area next to the walkway. The picture above shows what we've been doing so far. We're still going to move around the front plants and put in some flowers, but thanks to a trip to Debbie's garden, we already have some lovely green plants that will definitely be favorites for me!
One of my favorite things we put in are these beautiful asiatic lilies. We bought them yesterday and they were all closed. Today when I walked out, some of the flowers had already opened! It's so exciting.We are having so much fun doing this. I've never considered myself "green" smart, but it has been fun getting help from people and making our home literally come alive with plants. I will continue to post, so you can see how we do at developing our green thumb.

Comments

  1. Really nice! It's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see it!! I think I'm still a go for coming up Easter night and staying until Tuesday. :) Keep me posted if you are still up for company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh! I like the new blog look. It reminds me of your house!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts