Once upon a time...
Ages and ages ago, before New Year's, before Christmas, even before Thanksgiving, Robby and I took a vacation and spent a few days in Oceanside.
- We got to spend nearly a whole day with John and Kelly and their family. With both of our lives being busy and full, we don't get to see our dear friends as often as we we would like. This was a great day, easy and fun.
- We went to Disneyland (twice) and purchased annual passes, which means we'll be going again soon! To be honest, D-land was a little busier than I handle well, but it was still fun. Tower of Terror was a favorite, as usual, and the Christmas Fireworks Show is still the best fireworks show I've ever seen.
- We awoke to the brightest sparkliest mornings ever. I don't remember seeing water sparkle the way it did those days. Unbelievable.
- We saw glorious sunsets every night from our hotel room.
- We ate lots of yummy beach food: fish and chips, clam chowder in a bread bowl, onion rings, and pizza. Beach food is not healthy, in case you were wondering.
- We shopped. A lot. That was fun.
- We bought nearly all our Christmas presents. That was fun, too.
- We slept in, took walks, lounged around, dressed up, and hung out.
- We walked on the pier, which was just outside our hotel.
- We breathed in the salt water air and left the windows open at night.