Mystery Birds

Yesterday, as Robby and I were driving to school in the morning, we saw a huge flock of what looked like white parrots perched in two large (oak?) trees off of Lovers Lane. I have seen these birds once before driving North on the 99 from the 5 and have always wondered what they were. I unfortunately did not have my camera, so I am still unsure if they really are parrots. There must have been at least 100 of them looking like beautiful white ornaments. It was incredible, and I should have gone home to get my camera. It reminded us of the wild green parrots that were in the Biola area. They would come and sit in the trees at Whittier Christian, and occassionally I'd let my students take a look at them. They were stunning - and amazingly loud.

I've been browsing online trying to find any information on these mysterious white birds that are obviously not native to the CV, but I've come up with nothing. I did find an interesting site on birds and animals in the Central Valley where a woman has posted a number of pictures of such animals. Another site is all about Central Valley birds, but again, nothing of this type is posted.

Maybe I should change professions and become a full-time bird watcher. I'm a little disappointed that there is no great website on Central Valley Birding! Who else wants a change of work?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pattybruno/sets/72157594392633611/
http://www.pbase.com/jekatz/valley_birds

Comments

Popular Posts