The End is Near

Only three more days to go (and they're half days at that!) I'm getting like I always get at the end of teaching: So ready for it to be done and yet somewhat depressed that the year's almost over. It's a strange thing really, but I suppose it's natural. I have been with these students every day for the last 10 months (minus weekends) for two hours at a time. They have made me lose my mind at times, but they have also made me smile and laugh. Perhaps most importantly, they have forced me to rely upon God. There is no way anyone can teach middle school students on her own strength...and choose to come back the next year. (Yes, I have chosen that path. Perhaps I really have lost my mind!)

Let the countdown begin!

Comments

  1. I have 9 days left but I'm starting to get the end of the year blah's. It feels so pointless to go each day, but yet I have poured my life into these children. I can't believe we made it through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it, Can! You're influencing those kids in an unbelievable way...even if they won't appreciate it until they're your age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you the best in the last lap! I remember how it was two years ago, when I was teaching middle school...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts