Celebrating Number Four

This past week, Robby and I were able to have a wonderful vacation in Oceanside to celebrate our 4th Anniversary. We did our favorite things: slept in, enjoyed leisurly mornings, rode our bikes, and, of course, ate out as often as possible.

The view from the balconyThe pier lit up every night. It was so pretty.
Last year, Rob and I went to a restaurant at Oceanside Harbor and ate this "bucket o' meat." Yes, I know. It sounds gross. But it tasted wonderful! He had been looking forward to ribs especially, but sadly, when we went there, they no longer carried the ribs. We ended up doing a bucket of lobster tails, shrimp, and chicken instead. It was tasty!
We decided last minute to bring our bikes, and it was a great decision. We rode them everyday, and came to find out that the harbor was only a few minutes away on our bikes. Plus, the weather was perfect.One of the best things at the harbor was a candy shop. I bought taffy, my favorite coastal sweet. Robby thought this picture he took of me was very artsy. (His words exactly.)Halfway through the week, John and Kelly came for a visit and spent a night with us. We spent time at the beach and enjoyed tasty food together.
Rob and I bought a kite our first day, but I wasn't a very good kite-flying partner. I didn't know he had bought a trick kite! Luckily John was willing to be co-kite flyer. Kelly and I opted not to fly the kite and instead took a walk.
We celebrated our fourth anniversary at a restaurant connected to the hotel. For dessert, they brought us a special ice cream sundae complete with caramel popcorn. There's no smile like a smile at the beach.

Comments

  1. Happy Anniversary you guys!! It looks like you had a GREAT time...love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts