First Week

I realized on Wednesday, which was June 10, that I have exactly two months until school begins again. (Yes, we start on August 10. Whatever happened to beginning school after Labor Day??) Yesterday marked one week of being off, and already I'm amazed at how quickly it's going by. We had a good full week, though. I would have to say my favorite part is the mornings. I love sleeping in a bit (who doesn't?), lounging around, drinking coffee, sitting outside. It's absolutely lovely.

Here are a couple of highlights from this week:

First, as you know, my front door flower (called a ligularia dentata) bloomed. I think the flowers look like a sun, even more like a sun than a sunflower. By the way, the white blur in the bottom corner of the second picture is Calla escaping outside as soon as she saw the door was open.
Robby and I bought a dwarf lemon tree. We love it. This picture is a couple of days old, and the little lemons have grown to be the size of bouncy-balls. (I couldn't think of a better comparison.)Calla likes hanging out by the lemon tree and the little vines growing in pots next to it. She thinks it's her hiding place.Although, she prefers sleeping on her favorite blanket to just about anything.
One of the best highlights of this week, however, was getting a visit from John and Kelly. Kelly is very prego, so it was fun seeing her and being excited about the baby. We had a great time eating out and hanging out, our two very favorite things to do.So, with tears I say good-bye to one week of summer break. Looking forward to next week! The beach!!

Comments

Popular Posts