VBS

I always have mixed feelings about Vacation Bible School before it begins. It is quite a lot of work and money. All of last weekend I was preparing for being the music leader. This included learning six songs and all of the (complex!) hand motions that go with them, decorating my room, planning small games and activities for each rotation, and organizing the lesson for each day. By Monday afternoon, I was already exhausted and the week hadn't even started! I was wondering if this really is worth all of the trouble. But by the end of the week, after 12 and a half total hours of being with kids and teaching them about Christ through song, I was sold (again). I of course fell in love with the kids, came to really appreciate my co-workers, and was moved by the fact that God uses all situations for his glory. I look forward to next year's, and hopefully I'll begin the week trusting that God will turn it out for good.

Comments

Popular Posts