Happy Saturday! I thought we would be greeted by sunshine this morning, but instead we have another cloudy day. No rain, so at least we can venture outside. Before I do, though, thought I'd share a few bits and pieces of our life.
- I'm almost one week into the waiting period to see the results of our IUI. It's kind of nice that this one came as it did because I find I'm not dwelling on it like I have in the past. Still...looking forward to the day I can take a test!
- One thing to complain about: The progesterone pills to take after said IUI are such a pain. They make me crazy. I'll just leave it at that.
- I am loving the iPad app PhotoShop Touch that my husband bought recently. Because I was stuck on the couch Tuesday, I spent some time playing with it. Let me just say I have ZERO experience doing anything like this (never even played with Paint before), but it's been a lot of fun. I even made a new banner for my Loveliest Way blog! I'm pretty proud of myself :)
- We celebrated my soon-to-be-brother-in-law's birthday last night. It was neat thinking that in just a couple short months he and my baby sis will be husband and wife. Scott will be part of our family forever! How awesome!
- We're gearing up for our annual St. Patty's Day Auction and Dinner! This benefits our youth at church and helps raise funds to send them to camp. It's always a lot of fun. If you don't have plans for St. Patty's, come and join in on the excitement! And if you have anything to donate, email me :)
- I started reading again. After my reading binge over December and January, it all came to a halt. I bought a few books, one of them being aa spiritual book called "Thrive, Don't Simply Survive" by Karol Ladd. Has anyone read this?
- I've been trying to make really good fried rice. My first attempt was a soggy mess; my second much better. In my search for help, I found a great blog about Thai food and cooking called She Simmers. Check it out! She's a great writer, takes beautiful photographs, and is incredibly knowledgeable. I learned, for example, that there are different soy sauces for different regional cuisines.
- I splurged and bought Urban Decay's eyeshadow palette Naked. It is amazing. It's $50 but comes with a plethora of gorgeous shadow colors, a primer, and a fantastic brush. Check it out here.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend--even if it's rainy!