From Trash to Antique Planter

On a recent trip to San Francisco, Robby and I saw this interesting metal box up that had been discarded on the street. We passed it by one day, but when it was still up for grabs the next morning, we picked it up and put it in the car, certain there was something we could do with it.

And there was. A bit of soil and succulents turned this rusted box into a cool vintage planter! And even though I had purchased rust cleaner to shiny it up, I decided it to leave it as is. Now it's home to a family of succulents and adds a little character to our yard.

Thanks, SF! This was way better than a parking ticket!

Before:
After:
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Wowzers! I love this! I have a really cool succulent that will spill over the side. I'll clip you a piece the next time we get together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts