In the kitchen

A little less than a year ago, I made a resolution that I would try to cook something new every week. Well, needless to say, I failed. I did not cook something new every week. I didn't even cook every week! However, this week I tried two new recipes, both somewhat inspired by fall. The first was a butternut squash soup. It did not prove to be a winner. It was a little too runny and a little too "chicken soup base" tasting. I'll try it again and change a few things. The other was my try at a "white" pizza - a pizza with all white cheese and garlic-thyme olive oil in place of marinara. Unlike the watery squash soup, this was quite tasty and even looked pretty as it was topped with a lemony arugula salad. Thanks to Barefoot Contessa, I can now say I know what it means to get my hands a little doughey.

Comments

  1. oh, that sounds pretty awesome. can you email how you prepared it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts