A New Name

Yesterday Camille changed her name on Facebook. It's a sign of our times that the name-changing on Facebook brings it all home, but it really does! Crazy. Our whole lives we go by the name belonging to our parents, and then one day, we marry a man and take on his name. Maybe I'm thinking just a little too much about it right now, but it really is somewhat of a frightening and beautiful thing all at once. Letting go of the identity we had before and taking on a new one, trusting that the life with this person is going to be worth any sacrifice. (Oh yes, giving up your name is a sacrifice. Especially if your new name goes nicely with "touchy".)

It's very spiritual, isn't it? I can't help but think of the verse in Revelation 2, where Jesus says that to the one who is victorious, He will give a new name. I wonder what my new name will be. (Yes, I'm counting on the fact that I will be victorious in Christ!)

And with that, here's the teaser the photographer posted on Facebook of the new Mr. and Mrs. Schuil. I love it and can't wait to see the rest.
Photo by Peter Amend Photography
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Wow I love that photo! So now it's "Facebook official"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Facebook official!" - yes that's the phrase I was looking for! Yeah, a beautiful photo, right? I'm so excited to see the rest of them!

      Delete
  2. very cool photo...and yes, I agree - the facebook name changing definitely makes it so official! I was totally thrown when my sister changed her profile name - literally went, "who the heck is Lindsey bayne?!" before I realized it was just linnie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, so true Marisa! I did the same thing when I saw Camille's new name.

      Delete
  3. I completely agree with the naming thing: there is something mystical about it, the deep magic of Narnia.
    Congratulations to Camille and Scott! It looked like a picturesque day. Btw, who was the handsome pastor that performed the ceremony ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts