Four Books


This is so hard.  Even though I shared with you that I am not as big of a reader as people assume, it doesn't mean I don't love books.  So, here are my top four:

1.  Harry Potter - The whole series is awesome, and it's hard to separate one book out of the entire story, but it would have to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  It's incredible.

2.  Jane Eyre - An absolutely beautiful story of love and redemption

3.  To Kill a Mockingbird - It saddens me that Harper Lee only wrote this one novel, but I am so glad at least this one came to be.  It actually was quite a long process for her and the manuscript went through a huge transformation before it was published, but it is beautiful, one of the best American novels.

4.  Pride and Prejudice - I hesitate to put this on here because I know it seems cliche, but it truly is a favorite.  I don't often read books more than once, and this one I have read multiple times.  I love Austen's humor and wit and her ability to say so much with a seemingly obvious story.

Poor Shakespeare deserves to be on this list because King Lear has one of the most beautiful forgiveness scenes I know, but I wasn't sure if it is truly a book.  Maybe we need to add a drama day.  And it's true that Twilight didn't make the list.  It's not that I don't love Twilight; it's just the above authors are better than Meyer.  

Comments

Popular Posts