For the Bride

A couple of weeks ago, my mom asked me if I would make one of my ruffly aprons for a friend of hers whose daughter is getting married.  Unfortunately, I was in the midst of preparing for the Divine Boutique, so I had to put it on hold.  Perhaps it was a good thing, though, because while my time was taken up in other ways, my mom was given a ton of this beautiful white material.  We put it to good use: I spent the last couple of days working on a lovely but completely impractical white apron for this bride-to-be.  Afterall, a new bride needs to look amazing when she's doing all things, even whipping up some pancakes in the morning.

It took nearly the same amount of time to make and add all the flowers as it did to sew the whole thing.  The flowers, by the way, are really easy to make: Simply cut out a circle of fabric, sew a long, loose stitch along the edges, pull tight, and it will all bunch up to look like a flower.  You can tuck the insides in or even stitch with the edge tucked in, but I left it open to give even more ruffles.  (These are technically called "yo-yo's," if you want to look them up.)

Here are a few pictures.  I wish I would have taken one of me modeling this thing because I looked like a big frosted cupcake!  Perhaps my favorite part is the giant bow in the back.





Comments

  1. so pretty!! i love it :) gonna have to get around to trying an apron one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apron is so adorable, she will feel like cooking or clearning just so she can wear it. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts