1. Sunday was a celebration of our Dads with lunch and lounging at my parents, then Panera Bread with Robby's. Here's a picture of my dad showing off what went on at church. (Bet you wish your church did super cool things like this!) There was a "Top Shot" competition, but sadly my dad didn't win. Although according to him, he said he didn't want to win. Below that, Jerry is displaying his gift, a new cd, which just maybe might be the same thing we got my dad. Hey, everyone loves Alison Krauss, right?
2. I have a pumpkin patch growing. I planted a whole package of seeds, and nearly all of them have sprouted! Since I can't very well have 12 vines growing in my yard this year, they're here if anyone wants to try one at their home. (Mom and Steph, yours are ready when you want them!) These are white Lumina pumpkins, which you can read about here.
3. I spoke too soon last week when I complained about the heat. We are well into the 100's today and tomorrow, over ten degrees higher than what it usually is in June. It's going to be a long summer...
4. I am pretty excited about my tomatoes! Just look at these beauties! The one on the left is my first non-cherry tomato, an Early Girl. And it seems the tomatillo plant might be okay, afterall. I was worried that it needed to have a partner plant to work, but little tomatillos are starting to grow. Mmm...green enchiladas!
5. And just for fun (and especially for Anna), a picture of Robby and Calla:
Happy hot Tuesday!