Friday, August 26, 2011

Ten Secrets


My friend Stephanie is hosting a 10 Day You Challenge.  I've often chickened out of being part of these things, but I decided I'm going to give this one a try!  I'm late on this first one, but I'm still going to do it.

So, ten secrets.  I've been thinking about them this morning and I think I've got it down to ten.  

1.  I sleep talk, sleep shout, sleep scream, and sleep jump, among other sleep activities.  It usually ends at the jumping part because I finally wake myself up there.  Rarely have I ever gone into sleep-walking mode, but I've gotten pretty active even without that.  (My poor hubby is usually the victim of my violence.)  The most recent one was while I was at camp.  I screamed and jumped out of bed, sure that the roof was caving in.

2.  I am a true-blood introvert.  I may fool people because of things I do (like teach) or things I am involved in, but I love being at home, quietly working on projects or music or writing.  I was the kid that wanted to go to her room when she was in trouble; getting sent outside to play would have been the real punishment. (Not that I was in trouble that often.)

3.  For being a former English major and teacher, I am not that big of a reader, at least not of novels.  I have a hard time starting a book, strangely.  Once I begin it, I'm fine, but I always find other pastimes I'd rather do than start that book.  I do best with series because I'm already invested in the story, and I don't have to motivate myself to start the next one.

4.  I don't particularly like movies.  I know I'm weird.  It's kind of like the book thing with me - once I'm into it, I'm fine, but it takes a lot for me to be motivated to start a movie.  And I don't like romantic comedies or drama...they're too draining for me!  I like PG (maybe PG-13 if it's superhero stuff) action, adventure, and fantasy.

5.  I truly enjoy organizing.  I tolerate cleaning, and sometimes find that enjoyable as well, but organizing is fun for me, especially when I buy some cute things to use for the organization project.

6.  I'm a bit of a neat freak with my house, but there are two areas I'm down-right slobbish: my car and my clothes.  No matter how many times I clean them and vow to keep them neat, they just get messy again!  Someone tell me the secret to keeping neat drawers!

7.  I (like Stephanie and many others who confessed after her confession) talk to myself all the time.  Outloud.  Entire conversations.  With me.  I also have done the thing where I'm so involved in my head conversation with myself that I start talking outloud even when people are around.  Oh and I also talk to my cat.

8.  I'm super insecure about my feet.  I've inherited the worst feet genes that not only are unattractive but painful, as well.  I dread summer not because of the clothes or swimsuits but because of the shoes.  Flip-flops and sandals?  I'll take ballet flats and boots, please.

9.  I write songs all the time.  I may not finish them, but I'm constantly writing a chorus or coming up with a melody I like.  I would love to do music professionally, more than just playing for weddings or teaching piano.

10.  If I could go back and study anything, I would study design.  I have no artistic ability (I'm more of a crafter, not an artist), and the only "design" I've done is decorating my house, but I think it would be so fun!

Yikes, re-reading this, I sound like a nerd!!!  I suppose that's why I've kept these as secrets :)  The cat's out of the bag, now.

Want to join in?  Hop over to Steph's blog.  She's already on Day 8, but you can come late with me.  All welcome!

3 comments:

  1. You brave soul, you! I especially love #1 as it reminded me of Honduras and the middle of the night spider incident. Hilarious! I love you, Can and all your secrets too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my friend, we are nerds alike. As I read your secrets, I was cracking up because most of them apply to me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha number one makes me laugh! I don't think I am quite that bad, but I know I giggle in my sleep and have jumped a time or two! All good secrets :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a little love! (It makes my day!)