Tidbits Tuesday


Life at the Feely's Fresh Nest has been busy, busy, busy...hence the lack of consistent blogging.  Here's a little update for my wonderful friends.  More details on these tidbits to come later in the week!

  • I took a part-time position (10 hours) working with the new Valley Life Charter School in Visalia as the Independent Study teacher for high school English.  Being that this is a brand new school and a brand new program, things are chaotic.  But I'm really excited about the vision and potential of this school, which I learned about yesterday at my first orientation.
  • Robby and I spent the last week with our junior high, high school, and a few college students at Centrifuge camp.  I actually went into camp with a much better attitude this year, although the sudden acceptance of the new job had me a bit stressed before we left.  It was an awesome time, and the greatest news is that a young girl we took accepted Christ!  What more could we ask for?!
  • Dave and his wife Jessy, along with Andrea, spent a night with us last weekend for a final visit before the Damon's move to Oregon.  It was short (just one night), but very sweet as we all enjoyed each other's company.  Best wishes to you guys!
  • Kids Praise is getting ready to start up again after our summer break.  I'm excited about a new program I'll be using (last year I had to create it all...) and thrilled to see how VBS has brought families into our church.  I hope and pray that the KP ministry will be one way these children and families can get connected.
  • I made pizookie last night...you know, BJ's amazing baked-cookie-topped-with-ice-cream-dessert!  It was fantastic!  Simply put, I made the Tollhouse recipe, put a heaping scoop into small souffle dishes and flattened it out, then baked them for 15 minutes or so, until the tops were golden brown.  I topped it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream then enjoyed two minutes of cookie/ice cream bliss.  It tasted just like BJ's!  (Or could I dare say even better since my Ghiradelli chocolate chips pretty much can't be beat!)
  • The final big news is we saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 last weekend.  I have so much to say about it but am giving the world time to see it before ruining it for anyone.  Much of it was awesome; some of it was disappointing; but the whole series of it is nearly unparalleled.  
Summer is always exhausting, but it's also a time when we get to see God work in His children and church.  We're looking forward to this new school year as ministries start up again and a routine falls back into place.  

Comments

  1. I'm so excited to see the new Harry Potter! Will and I got a blue ray machine and splurged on the series in blue ray to catch us up. Even my brave little kiddos love them (seriously, nothing can scare those crazy kids). I can't wait to see it in the theater! After this one I'm going to take your advice and read the books. Miss you too, Can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should use this template for your new blog :)
    http://tenilletwilight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to make Pizzookies! Who needs to blow $40 at BJ's? We make better pizza and now we know how to do Pizzookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, Can, will you figure out how to make the white chocolate macadamia nut pizookie? Then you could teach me next time I come! :) It was awesome to see you and so fun to talk about HP7P2. I am so curious to see how the new job works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the part time job! I will pray that it does not seem like a full time for you hehe :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts