Life at the Feely's Fresh Nest has been busy, busy, busy...hence the lack of consistent blogging. Here's a little update for my wonderful friends. More details on these tidbits to come later in the week!
- I took a part-time position (10 hours) working with the new Valley Life Charter School in Visalia as the Independent Study teacher for high school English. Being that this is a brand new school and a brand new program, things are chaotic. But I'm really excited about the vision and potential of this school, which I learned about yesterday at my first orientation.
- Robby and I spent the last week with our junior high, high school, and a few college students at Centrifuge camp. I actually went into camp with a much better attitude this year, although the sudden acceptance of the new job had me a bit stressed before we left. It was an awesome time, and the greatest news is that a young girl we took accepted Christ! What more could we ask for?!
- Dave and his wife Jessy, along with Andrea, spent a night with us last weekend for a final visit before the Damon's move to Oregon. It was short (just one night), but very sweet as we all enjoyed each other's company. Best wishes to you guys!
- Kids Praise is getting ready to start up again after our summer break. I'm excited about a new program I'll be using (last year I had to create it all...) and thrilled to see how VBS has brought families into our church. I hope and pray that the KP ministry will be one way these children and families can get connected.
- I made pizookie last night...you know, BJ's amazing baked-cookie-topped-with-ice-cream-dessert! It was fantastic! Simply put, I made the Tollhouse recipe, put a heaping scoop into small souffle dishes and flattened it out, then baked them for 15 minutes or so, until the tops were golden brown. I topped it with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream then enjoyed two minutes of cookie/ice cream bliss. It tasted just like BJ's! (Or could I dare say even better since my Ghiradelli chocolate chips pretty much can't be beat!)
- The final big news is we saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 last weekend. I have so much to say about it but am giving the world time to see it before ruining it for anyone. Much of it was awesome; some of it was disappointing; but the whole series of it is nearly unparalleled.
Summer is always exhausting, but it's also a time when we get to see God work in His children and church. We're looking forward to this new school year as ministries start up again and a routine falls back into place.