Easter Flowers

I was hoping our white calla lily would produce a bloom in time for Easter, and I saw that one was ready this morning!  I went around and picked a few other lovely flowers -- baby white roses, pink sea thrift, deep purple snap dragons, and the pink peony Debbie gave me -- to create a little Easter bouquet in honor of our Savior.  



I share this poem every Easter.  It's called "Good Friday" by Christina Rossetti, one of my very favorite poets.  I know it's not Good Friday yet, but tonight we celebrate the Last Supper and remember the final moments of Christ before He was led to the cross.

Good Friday

Am I a stone, and not a sheep,
that I can stand, O Christ, beneath thy cross,
To number drop by drop Thy blood's slow loss,
and yet not weep?

Not so those women loved
Who with exceeding grief lamented Thee;
Not so fallen Peter weeping bitterly;
Not so the thief was moved;
Not so the Sun and Moon
Which hid their faces in a starless sky,
A horror of great darkness at brood noon--
I, only I.

Yet give not o'er,
But seek Thy sheep, true Shepherd of the flock;
Greater than Moses, turn and look once more
And smite a rock.

Comments

Popular Posts