NY Day 7

Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day, perfect for a walk through the park. We started out by hunting for crepes for breakfast/lunch, but couldn't find a place or truck anywhere! We ended up at Bouchon Bakery at Columbus Circle, hoping they may serve a crepe but settling on a tasty baguette sandwich instead. This particular Bouchon Bakery even has a cool lounge that overlooks the circle and park below, which we wished we would have known earlier in the week. After a tasty lunch, I somewhat got my crepe taste curbed by having a waffle topped with strawberries and nutella for dessert from Wafels and Dinges, a fun and creative food cart.
Then it was on to Central Park, where people use the grand lawns for sun-tanning and picnicking. I guess when there is no beach around, you do what you can!
Central Park is 843 acres, 2.5 miles long and .5 miles wide, jam-packed with trees, lawns, large boulder-rocks, a zoo, a couple of restaurants, a lake, a carousel, and I'm sure I'm missing other elements in this list. It's pretty impressive and about 35 million people visit it each year! We took our sweet time hanging out in this park, taking a break in between to attend a worship service at Redeemer Church and get dinner at the Shake Shack that is nearby.
We purposefully waited til it was dark so we could get a glimpse of the city views at night. Lucky for us, we weren't the only ones hanging around! Check out this cute family of racoons: a mama and her two babies. Awww.
 And the grand finale:
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I am shocked by that picture of all of the people in Central Park. I NEVER pictured it like that in my mind. Can out of all the times I have been to NYC, can you believe I never went to Central Park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool!! and i'm suuuuper jealous you guys went to redeemer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts