I realized last week that a Tuesday came and went without posting about my tidbits! Flowers A-Z is taking more time than I'd thought, even though it's fun going out every morning and snapping a few new photos. Here's what's new in our lives:
- Robby and I spent the last two weekends really finishing up our spring yard and getting everything warm-weather ready. After seeing my parents' simple yet successful planters, he decided to do one more project and created two planter boxes to go on the west side of the yard. I love them! I'm going to use them for more veggies and herbs, but for now they are holding beautiful dahlias and one strawberry plant. (We'll see how that goes!)
- Last week, we finally got those free trials to In-Shape we've been wanting to get. I've worked out with two friends so far, Stephanie and Elizabeth, and found out that I really do enjoy a trip to the gym sometimes! It felt good to actually do something active for a change, so I'm hoping these trial memberships become real memberships.
- We've finished our usual Monday night Bible study for the summer just in time to start up the Sacred Marriage study. We've had one so far and really enjoyed it. I've only read one chapter, so I can't say much about the book yet, but I think it's going to be positive and beneficial.
- I did quite a bit of baking last week and plan on sharing some new recipes that I loved! Lemon curd (tried and true), pastry cream, butter vanilla cake, and swiss meringue buttercream frosting.
- I am apparently becoming babysitter extraordinaire! :) It's funny that I haven't babysat children in years, and the last two weeks I was Anna's (Kelly's daughter) sitter one day and then Elliot's (Jessica's son) on Friday. I'm pretty sure Calla could have babysat Elliot, though, because all he wanted to do was stare at her through the sliding glass door. At one point, both of them were just sitting there staring at each other, Elliot wanting desperately to get out and pet her, and Calla wanting desperately to come inside. Now that I think about it, I probably could have sat Anna in front of a Calla slideshow and kept her entertained for hours, as well! Parents, if you need a way to keep your babies occupied, get a cat!
- I am busy preparing for the Divine Boutique my cousin Kara's church is hosting on May 21st. I am sharing words and music I've written from the book of Ruth and am very excited for this opportunity! All women are welcome! Lunch and "shopping" (beautiful handmade items will be sold that day) is part of the ticket, so come one, come all! Contact me if you'd like more information :)
- I am also getting ready for my piano students' first recital, which is being held this Friday at church. Recitals are always a big deal, and a first one is especially a big deal! It should be a fun night of sharing music and refreshments together. I'm looking forward to it!
Another busy month, it seems, but lots of fun and exciting things taking place! Hope your Tuesday is great!